Chocolate Day special: Chocolate turtle cake
A great way to bond with your partner today is to cook something delicious and enjoy it over a nice romantic conversation. Make the 3rd day of the valentine week special by making this delicious and easy recipe.
· 1 Chocolate cake mix
· 1 cup butter
· ½ cup evaporated milk
· 350 gm caramels
· 1 cup chocolate chips
· ½ can sweetened condensed milk
· ½ cup oil
· 3 eggs
· 1 ½ cup water
· 3 tbsp cocoa
· 6 tbsp evaporated milk
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a pan.
3. Mix the cake mix, ½ cup butter, eggs, water, oil and half of the sweetened condensed milk.
4. Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels and the left sweetened condensed milk.
6. Stir till the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
7. Spread evenly over the baked cake layer.
8. Cover with remaining cake batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or till the cake becomes
9. Make the frosting, by combining the left over butter, cocoa and evaporated milk in a small saucepan.
10. Stir till the butter is melted.
11. Remove from heat and add the sugar and vanilla.
12. Spread over the cake.
Your cake is ready to serve!
Photo courtesy: babydekar.blogspot.com saralondesworld.blogspot.com