GATE 2014: More number of seats in IITs and IIITs is likely to double the candidates applying this year
Revision in recruitment norms, addition of new branch in the entrance examination and increase in number of seats in IITs and IIITs are going to important reasons for GATE 2014 aspirants to increase two times from last year.
The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is the entrance test for admission in M. Tech courses in IITs, IIITs, NITs and other engineering colleges in India as well as a compulsory recruitment criterion for various public service units in the country.
Registration process for the next GATE examination scheduled in February next year is starting from Sunday.
Important dates for GATE 2014:
1. GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) opens: 2nd September 2013
2. Last Date for Enrolment: 1st October 2013
3. Last date for Submission of Online Application: 3rd October 2013
4. Last Date for the receipt of Print-out of the ONLINE Application: 10th October 2013
5. Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Center: 20th November 2013
6. Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing: 18th December, 2013
7. GATE 2014 Online Examination: Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM on
Saturdays and Sundays between 1st February and 2nd March 2014
Announcement of Results: March 28 2014 (10:00 Hrs)