Super tips to protect your skin and hair on Holi
The festival of joy and colour 'Holi' has arrived with full fervour and though everyone is keeping up with the festive spirit, the concern people have for their skin and hair, actually stops many of us from indulging in this festival of bonding with each other. And, for women like you who simply can't keep their hands off that colour, here are a few tips to protect your skin and hair from those damaging chemicals found in the Holi colours, courtesy- Makeup expert Nidhi Khurana.
1. Apply coconut or mustard oil all over your body.
2. Apply petroleum jelly behind ears and other areas, where there is a possibility of colours getting stuck.
3. Apply sunscreen lotion on skin after applying oil.
4. Apply hair oil on scalp and hair length. It will give a protective coating to your hair and colours will easily wash away latter.
1. Wash your hair with a good shampoo you trust and don’t forget to apply conditioner afterwards.
2. Put a few drops of lemon juice in lukewarm water and wash your skin with it using a good moisturising soap.
3. You can also use a homemade pack of gram flour and curd. Make a smooth paste of these two ingredients and rub this paste gently on your skin till the traces of colours come out. It will also make your skin soft.
4. Avoid bleaching, waxing or facial a week before and after Holi. It makes the skin dry and even more sensitive.