Disturbing footage: Was Prabhakaran made to watch his son's murder?
London: The mystery around the last days of the assault on LTTE deepened today after a documentary filmmaker claimed to have a "chilling piece of footage" showing the bullet-riddled body of the son of its slain supremo V Prabakaran, a report described by Colombo as "concocted".
Prabhakaran's 12-year-old son Balachandran's body is shown stripped to the waist and with five bullet holes to the chest.
The footage dating from May 18, 2009 will be broadcast on Wednesday in a Channel 4 film -- Sri Lanka's Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished--a sequel to the controversial investigation broadcast last year which accused both the LTTE and the Sri Lankan government of war crimes and crimes against humanity, The Independent said.
However, the authenticity of the video is unknown. The Sri Lanka high commissioner in India rejected the charges made by the filmmaker Callum Macrae.
"In our view this is a tentative report, uncorroborated and not being authenticated. This has not been shared with us for us to check. It goes against journalism ethics. The report is motivated and is concocted," Lankan high commissioner to India Prasad Kariyawasam told PTI in New Delhi.
The report comes ahead of a crucial vote on US-backed UN Human Rights Council resolution for an inquiry into human rights violations by Lankan army.
Talking about Balachandran, Kariyawasam said "He may have died. We have no records but he was never murdered. We deny this allegation."
He said according to a report, 8000 people were killed in the war and this included many LTTE members. "They were not murdered. They died in the course of war".
He said the latest report was "motivated" to bring disrepute to Lanka.
Asked if they officially registered their objection with Channel 4, he said, "We have officially objected. The high commission in London has done so."