OMG: Akshay Kumar's first salary was just Rs 1500!
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 121. As a teenager, Akshay wanted to master martial arts and his his father promised to support his adventurous streak if he scored well in his board exams. Akshay achieved his goal and was packed off to Bangkok to attain a training in martial arts.
- 3 of 12
2. In Bangkok, Akshay lived with his uncle. His uncle got him job at Metro Guest House where his first salary was, just Rs 1,500.
- 4 of 12
3. The actor studied martial arts in Bangkok and worked as a waiter.
- 5 of 12
4. Thereafter, Akshay came back to Mumbai and started teaching martial arts. It is believed, one of his students happened to be a photographer and recommended him to do modelling.
- 6 of 12
5. Akshay got a modelling assignment, courtesy his student. The actor got Rs 5000 for just two hours of assignment.
- 7 of 12
6. After modelling for a few months, the actor got his first film in the form of Pramod Chakravarthy's Deedar.
- 8 of 12
7. After dating, many of his co-stars, including Ayesha Jhulka, Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty and Pooja Bhatra, the actor but married Twinkle Khanna on January 17, 2001.
- 9 of 12
8. He has two children, a son named Aarav who was born in September 2002 and a daughter named Nitara in September 2012.
- 10 of 12
9. In 2004, he was honoured with the Rajiv Gandhi Award for his outstanding achievements in Bollywood. In 2008 the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada awarded Kumar with Honorary Doctrate of Law for his outstanding work in the film industry and contribution to social work.
- 11 of 1210. Akshay Kumar has been awarded the highest Japanese honour of 'Katana' and a sixth degree black belt in Kuyukai Gōjū-ryū karate.
- 12 of 12