5 Quick to make egg dishes
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 6
· 1 dozen eggs
· 2 teaspoons mustard
· 1/3 cup mayonnaise
· 1 Tbsp minced onion
· Salt and pepper
1. First hard boil the eggs. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water when boiling (this will help contain egg whites from leaking out if any of the shells crack while cooking).
2. Drain hot water from pan and run cold water over the eggs.
3. Peel the eggs. Using a sharp knife, slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
4. Remove the yolk halves and place in a small bowl.
5. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving plate.
6. Mash up the yolks and add mustard, mayonnaise, onion, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
7. Sprinkle paprika.
- 3 of 6
Eggs in the Basket
· 2 eggs
· 2 slices fresh bread
· Green onions (Thinly sliced)
1. Butter each slice of bread.
2. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
3. Cut out holes in the center of the breads.
4. Grill the bread, butter side down till it starts to turn brown.
5. Drop a little butter on the holes of the bread; crack an egg into each hole. Sprinkle green onion, salt and cheese on top.
6. When the eggs have cooked, flip the bread without spilling the eggs.
7. Cook for a minute.
8. Serve hot.
- 4 of 6
Egg drop soup
· 3 eggs (beaten)
· 4 cups- chicken stock
· 1 tablespoon- corn starch
· 1/2 teaspoon- grated ginger
· 1 tablespoon- soy sauce
· 3 green onions (chopped)
· 1/4 teaspoon- white pepper
· 3/4 cup- mushrooms
1. Reserve 1/2 cup of the stock and mix with the cornstarch until dissolved.
2. Place the chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce, green onions, mushrooms and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add the cornstarch and stock mixture and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Slowly pour in the beaten eggs while stirring the soup.
5. The egg will spread like ribbons.
6. Turn off the heat and garnish with a few more chopped green onions.
7. Serve immediately.
- 5 of 6
· Fresh eggs
· 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
· Shallow saucepan
1. Bring the water in the saucepan to almost boiling.
2. Add one or two teaspoons of vinegar to the water.
3. Take a ring from a jar and place it in the pan.
4. Drop the egg over the jar ring and let it settle in the ring, Turn off the heat and cover the pan.
- 6 of 6
· 4 eggs
· 2/3 cup milk
· 2 teaspoons- cinnamon
· 8 thick slices- slightly stale bread
1. Beat eggs and milk in a bowl. Add cinnamon. Blend it well.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the blended egg, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
3. Melt some butter over a non-stick pan on medium heat.
4. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread.
5. Serve hot with butter.