Guru Nanak Jayanthi special recipes!
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 4
Atte ki Pinni
250 gm Atta (wheat flour)
150 gm ghee (clarified butter)
250 gm sugar
½ cup - milk
25 gm dry fruits (crushed and mixed)
½ tsp elaichi powder (green cardamom)
- Heat ghee and add the wheat flour.
- Fry on a low flame stirring continuously till it is pink.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto a plate
- Allow to cool.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Sprinkle milk and prepare a dough
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Garnish each ball with the dry fruit mixture.
- 3 of 4
· 2 cups maida
· 1 ½ tbsp. rice flour
· 2 tbsp. curd
· ¼ tsp. baking powder
· 3 cups sugar
· 1 ½ tbsp. rose water
· 1 ¼ cups water
· ½ tsp. saffron
· 2 ½ cups water
· ½ tsp. cardamom powder
· Cream or Ice-cream
1. Mix rice flour, maida, baking powder, curd and 3/4th cup of warm water in a bowl.
2. Add the remaining water and a little saffron powder. Mix until smooth.
3. Set aside for about 2-3 hours to ferment.
4. Prepare thin syrup by dissolving sugar in water.
5. Add saffron and cardamom powder to the syrup.
6. Heat oil in a deep pan.
7. Pour the batter (through a hole) into the pan in coiled shape.
8. Deep fry until the coils are golden and crisp.
9. Remove from the pan and put in the syrup.
10. Allow them to soak the syrup.
Whisk some cream or ice-cream on the top of hot Jalebis before serving.
Photo courtesy: museamanda.blogspot.com
- 4 of 4
1 cup cashews
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk powder
a little milk
½ tsp powdered elaichi
1 tbsp ghee
- Grind cashews in a blender till you have a fine powder.
- Knead the ground cashew with powdered sugar, milk powder, cardamom, ghee and a little milk.
- Knead till you get a thick buttery dough.
- Roll out and cut into diamonds and bake in the oven till a light golden brown.
Photo courtesy: http://recipeshere.blogspot.com