Kids love Berry muffins
- Jan 18, 2013, 18:21 PM IST
· 1 c. flour
· 1 c. oatmeal
· 3 tbsp. sugar
· 1 tsp. salt
· 4 tsp. baking powder
· 1 c. blueberries, washed
· 1 egg
· 1 c. milk
· ¼ c. vegetable oil
· nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Mix in blueberries.
4. In another bowl, break the egg and use a fork to beat it just a little bit. Then add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix.
5. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times. Don't mix too much! Your muffin mixture should be lumpy, not smooth.
7. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes.
9. When muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack.
10. Enjoy your berry tasty muffins!