Did you know that the 30-year-old actor is a strict non-vegetarian and absolutely loves food, especially the food made by his grandmother! But let us tell you that Ranbir who will soon be seen in ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’ simply can’t resist Paya.
Paya is a delicious hot curry made with lamb legs and combining the taste of freshly grated coconut, onions and other aromatic spices.
So the next time Ranbir Kapoor visits your house, you will know what to make!
Here’s how to make it:
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
2 of 2
• 4 lamb legs
• 4 onions
• 4 tomatoes
• 2 tbsp grated coconut
• 5 green chillies
• 2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tbsp coriander powder
• 6 small pepper corns
• 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
• 4 elaichi
• 6 cloves
• 2 cinnamon
• 1 tbsp coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Chop 2 onions finely and keep aside.
2. Grind the remaining onions.
3. Grind coriander leaves, green chillies and coconut.
4. Make tomato puree out of the tomatoes.
5. Keep leg pieces into the cooker.
6. Add 1 litre water, turmeric powder and salt.
7. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook for 10 whistles.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Add Elaichi, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon. Stir.
10. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for couple of minutes.
11. Add the chopped onion pieces to the pan and fry them.
12. Add the onion paste and fry.
13. Now add coriander powder, crushed pepper pieces, garam masala and red chilli powder to it and fry for a minute.
14. Remove the lid of the pressure cooker and pour this complete masala in the pan into the pressure cooker.
15. Next add the tomato puree to it and mix well.
16. Let it cook for about 2 minutes under low flame.
17. Add the chilli-coconut paste, and 500ml water to it.
18. Close the pressure cooker lid and cook it for another 10 whistles.