A mouth-watering Basmati rice and chicken preparation-- famous for its original Hyderabadi flavors. It is the most known Indian dish made throughout the world.
Easy to make and easier to eat. Try it yourself!
-1 kg Basmati Rice
-1 cup Yogurt
-2 Onions (sliced)
-1 tsp Ginger- Garlic Paste
-2 cups Ghee
-1 Mint (bunch)
-1½ kg Chicken Pieces
-½ tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
-Salt to taste
-2-3 Green Chillies (Chopped)
-Red chilli powder
1. Half cook the rice with salted water in a pot and boil.
2. Mix the ginger- garlic paste, yogurt, red chilli powder in a bowl and turn it into a paste.
3. Marinate chicken with the paste and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
4. Once marinated, put it in a pan and cook without water.
5. Deep fry the onions in ghee in another pan till they are golden brown.
6. Add green chillies, lemon juice, cardamom and mint.
7. Mix it with the chicken.
8. In a ghee greased pan, add the marinated chicken on the bottom and top it off with the half cooked rice, repeat the layers again. Spread the saffron milk over it.
9. Cook it covered for 30 min.
Photo courtesy: hyderabadbiryanispecial.blogspot.com