Recipe: Rajasthani Lal Maas
- Dec 04, 2012, 16:50 PM IST
Experience the mouth watering meat and spices coming from the heart of Rajasthan. Cook Lal Maas- An exciting dish that guarantees to take your tongue for a swirl.
- 500gm goat meat
- 100gm curd
- 4 tbsp. coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 8-10 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 red chilies (whole)
- Marinate the goat meat with curd, garlic paste, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the garam masala.
- Shuffle it around for a few seconds and then add the dry red chilies.
- Put the marinated meat in the pan and pour in ½ cup of water to it.
- Cook till the meat releases oils.
- Add more water and simmer.
- Cook till the meat is done.
Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Photo courtesy: http://thejaipurguide.blogspot.in