Registration process for the next GATE examination scheduled in February next year is starting from Sunday.
GATE 2014 examinations will be held on Saturday and Sunday between February 1 and March 2. Though, the exams will be conducted during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends, but for some of the papers in GATE 2014, the examinations will be held in multiple sessions.
This time new paper ‘Ecology and Evolution’ has been introduced in GATE 2014 and test for all the 22 papers in Gate 2014 will be conducted in online mode, which will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is the entrance test for admission in M. Tech courses in IITs, IIITs, NITs and other engineering colleges in India as well as a compulsory recruitment criterion for various public service units in the country.
Important dates for GATE 2014:
1. GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) opens: 2nd September 2013
2. Last Date for Enrolment: 1st October 2013
3. Last date for Submission of Online Application: 3rd October 2013
4. Last Date for the receipt of Print-out of the ONLINE Application: 10th October 2013
5. Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Center: 20th November 2013
6. Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing: 18th December, 2013
7. GATE 2014 Online Examination: Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM on
Saturdays and Sundays between 1st February and 2nd March 2014
Announcement of Results: March 28 2014 (10:00 Hrs)