Home»Gujarat»Ahmedabad» Ahmedabad: Fire Breaks Out At Safal Commercial Complex; 13 Injured

Ahmedabad: Fire breaks out at Safal Commercial Complex; 13 injured

  • PTI
  • Nov 07, 2012, 00:19 AM IST
Ahmedabad: Fire breaks out at Safal Commercial Complex; 13 injured, ahmedabad news in English

ahmedabad news in English

Ahmedabad: 13 people were injured when a fire broke out at a commercial complex here on Tuesday, fire brigade officials said.
 
The blaze started following a short circuit in the electrical duct on the ground floor of Safal Commercial Complex, they said. The multi-storeyed building is located in an upcoming market area of the city.
 
"The fire soon engulfed top floors of the building and plumes of smoke started billowing, triggering panic among people," said Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt.
 
There were no casualties and 150 people were evacuated from the complex, he said, adding 15 vehicles were pressed into service to douse the fire.
 
Meanwhile, seven of the thirteen persons, who were admitted to a private hospital here after they experienced breathing difficulties, were discharged after being given first-aid while the rest are undergoing treatment, a hospital official said.
 
Though the commercial complex had fire safety equipment, Bhatt said they were non-functional. "The chairman and the secretary of the building have been served notices seeking an explanation regarding the out-of-order fire safety equipment," he added.
Comments (Click to expand)

Stories You May Be Interested In

  • loader

Don't Miss

  • loader

      Follow us on:

        NEXT STORY