Raipur: Fire guts factory, major disaster averted
- Bhaskar News
- Mar 20, 2012, 02:06 AM IST
Raipur: A sudden fire gutted a factory here at around 12 pm on Monday. The fire spread rapidly after plastic drums and oil paints caught the fire.
Five fire brigade vans were called in to water bomb the fire site. The blaze was controlled only after an effort of two hours and the disaster was narrowly averted, police said.
Property worth Rs 2 lakh was burnt in the fire, said Prakash Talmale, the owner of the factory.
The factory is situated near Telghani railway station.
Sources suspect short-circuit behind the fire.