Hyderabad Blast: Andhra Government didn't act despite specific warning?
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 9
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Friday addressed Parliament in the wake of twin blasts in Hyderabad that killed 16 people and injured 119. While condoling the death of people, he said that he would leave no stones unturned in bringing the perpetrators of the blasts to justice.
Meanwhile, leader of opposition in Loksabha Sushma Swaraj expressed dissatisfaction over Home Minister'saddress. She raised several questions before the HM.
" You had intelligence report of terrorists attack which you shared with states. Wasn't it your duty to help the states in bolstering position against terror?," she asked.
She also asked the government of investigate whether Akbaruddin Owaisi's hate speech was the inciting force behind the blast.
She also demanded a statement from Shinde over the prepardeness of the government in averting such incidents in future.
- 3 of 9
Toll mounts to 14, Shinde declines to point finger at ‘particular’ groupThe toll at Hyderabad twin blast rose to 14 on Friday morning. Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who is stationed in the city, informed that 116 people got injured in the blast with six in extremely critical condition. Briefing reporters in the city, he expressed ambiguity on who the real perpetrators of the blast. He, however, mentioned that intelligence agencies had inputs but were not specific about which city would be targeted.After visiting the site of the blast in the morning he vowed action against the culprit.“Specific intel was not given about a particular area, a general info was given. We won't leave any stone unturned in investigation,” said the Home Minister.Meanwhile, police sources in Delhi claimed that two suspected members of a terror outfit who were arrested by the Delhi Police Special Cell last year had spoken of conducting a “recce” of the area in July 2012.The blast has casted dark shadows on Hyderabad test between India and Australia as the touring team was not sure whether it would play the test in the blast hit city or not.The explosions occurred near a bus stand and outside a cinema hall. NIA team and NSG team have reached Hyderabad and are conducting investigation.
- 4 of 9
Hyderabad: A trip to purchase books for the exam of sub-inspector in Excise department proved to be the last outing of Vijay Kumar, who was among the five students killed in the twin blasts in the city.Among the other students killed was Rajasekhar, who was pursuing MBA, Harish, an engineering student from Kottapet locality in the city, and Swapna, another MBA student.Vijay Kumar had come to the site to purchase some books as he was preparing to take the examination for the post of sub-inspector in Prohibition and Excise department when the blast took place. Another deceased student - Azaz Ahmed - of Kottagudem in Khammam too had came to purchase books.Bodies of 13 out of the 16 killed in the blast have been identified. Of the 119 injured, most of them are in the age group of 19 to 22 years, police said. (PTI)
- 5 of 9
FIR lodged in Hyderabad blasts case
Hyderabad: An FIR has been lodged in the Hyderabad case in Cyberabad Police station on Friday. The twin blast took place at Dilsukhnagar area outside an eating joint and a cinema hall Thursday evening.
- 6 of 9
Hyderabad blast: Both houses adjourned, HM to address Parliament at 2:30 p.m
New Delhi: Politics have begun on Hyderabad twin blast as Bharatiya Janata Party and Telugu Desam Party have demanded that Question Hour of the Parliament’s Budget Session be suspended in the wake of the attack that killed 14 people and injured 119. Opposition leaders were in both the houses staunch on their demand of discussion, leading suspension of both the houses.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Home Ministry RPN Singh informed that Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde would return back to Delhi from Hyderabad and would soon brief Parliament on the blast.
Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar condemned the attack, calling it an act of cowardice.
- 7 of 9United Nations condemn Hyderabad attackWashington: U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has joined the international community in condemning the terrorist attack in Hyderabad that killed more than a dozen people and injuring scores of others.“The Secretary-General strongly condemns the indiscriminate attacks against civilians which occurred in the Indian city of Hyderabad,” said a statement issued by the office of the U.N. Secretary General on Thursday.“He extends his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government and people of India,” the statement said. (PTI)
- 8 of 9
Why didn’t Delhi Police act if it had intelligence on Hyderabad blast?
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad twin-blast has once again exposed the age-old problem of lack of coordination between intelligence agencies and the police. The Delhi Police source claims that it had specific intelligence of IM’s nefarious plans to attack Hyderabad. Infact, two suspected members of the ‘Indian Mujahideen’ who were arrested from Hyderabad in October 2012 told interrogators that they had conducted recce of different parts of Hyderabad in July. This raises questions that despite having the intel, why didn’t the authorities able to avert the blast. It is unclear whether Delhi Police intimated its Hyderabad counter-part or not.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde also informed that the Center had issued intel report of possible blast in major cities. The Andhra Pradesh government has hit back, saying the intel was generic. The question is when Hyderabad was victim of terror strike in past, why did state government chose to ignore intelligence?
Such lack of coordination and ignorance of intelligence report had resulted in Mumbai attacks, leading to the death of 166 Indians and foreigners.
- 9 of 9
IEDs used in Hyderabad blasts, IM handiwork apparent
Hyderabad: NIA and NSG teams reached the city last night and are leaving no stones unturned in investigation. Preliminary investigation has revealed that Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was used in the twin blasts. The use of IEDs has bolstered suspicion of Indian Mujahidin’s hand in the blast.
The Home Minister, however, was not in hurry to take names as he said on Friday morning that the government would not point finger at any ‘particular’ group without through investigation.