3 smart tips to make sure you retire rich
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 6Phases of Retirement Corpus:There are 2 phases of a building a Retirement Corpus—a. Accumulation Phase, andb. Vesting Phase.In the Accumulation Phase, you are expected to build up the corpus by right investment and then reap the benefits in the Vesting Phase.There are some traditional Deferred Annuity Plans in the industry which help you to have your own retirement annuity, but you can always have your own Retirement Corpus and then choose to opt for Immediate Annuity Plan if you want pension.
- 3 of 61. Start Early!This is what everyone says, but I would substantiate the same with a logic- Power of Compounding.What is Power of Compounding?If you save Rs 100 per year and get an annual interest of 10%, you will have Rs 110 at the end of Year 1. Due to Compound Interest being accumulated the next year you will get a 10% interest on Rs 110, which will then leave you with Rs 121. The next year, interest will be calculated on Rs 121 at 10% and so on. In time, these savings will grow exponentially.So, if you invest Rs 100 with a compounding interest of 10% per annum, your savings would double up in 7.2 years by the rule of 72. If you equate the same to a larger amount of Rs 10 lakh in approximately 7 years, it would grow to Rs 20 lakh. Remember you will be consistently saving up too, topping up existing funds. Therefore, if you are planning to retire 60 years from the time of the investment, it will approximately snowball to about 6 times from its original value. This is the avalanche effect of compound interest and called the Power of Compounding.Compounding interest is like wine, yields better results when money is saved over longer durations.Thus, if you start early, your savings and investment would double, triple and quadruple even before you realize the same by this avalanche effect of the Power of Compounding.
- 4 of 62. Saving is good, Investing is great!Investment is more important than just saving money as it would help the money you can save to grow and beat the Inflation, etc.India’s savings rate is higher than most economies and this is something that should be capitalized. Most households save a lot of money without investing the same and this is detrimental because inflation eats it up if your money does not grow significantly to beat Inflation.Thus, if you have money at home or in your bank account or even Fixed Deposit for that matter, inflation along with time value of money is actually eating the same and reducing the value of your money.Therefore, you need to invest it in the market, according to your risk appetite, i.e. how much risk you can afford to take and the time horizon. Always remember that the risk of investment reduces over time as it gets spread out.
- 5 of 63. Review the Portfolio Regularly according to the GoalSetting the initial goal at the beginning and then tracking the same throughout the tenure actually raises the momentum of the achievement.
- 6 of 6Thus, by following the simple steps of pure and basic investment strategy, you can safely build your Retirement Corpus.Investment can be according to your risk appetite and should be spread across various assets like Mutual Funds, Gold, Real Estate, PPF, Bank Fixed Deposits and even Derivatives and Options, if you wish but it should be diversified and balanced according to your Risk Taking Capacity and the Time Horizon so that when you need the liquidity, it should be available.Hope this helps you to a more secured financial future ahead!
Stories You May Be Interested In