Sourav Ganguly, Dona, Nagma: Cricket’s most famous love triangle
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 8Sourav married his childhood sweetheart in a very filmy manner. The couple married in 1996 against their parent’s will but eventually their families accepted this marriage.
- 3 of 8
But the world was shocked when, allegations came that Ganguly was romantically involved with South Indian actress Nagma. It is said that the affair started way back in London during the 1999 World Cup, where the couple had first met.
- 4 of 8
Australian media which is known to be very critical of Indian players ran many stories on this affair. Going to the extent of saying, that Ganguly is running between the wickets, on one end is his wife Dona and on the other actress Nagma.
- 5 of 8Another twist came in 2001, when reports came in that the couple offered puja at Srikalahasti. The Rahu-Ketu Sarpadosha Nirvana puja is done to help spinsters with a Ghor-Maanglik horoscope to overcome astrological afflictions in their marital chart and to be released from the curse of a snake deity that may prevent marriage and marital bliss.
- 6 of 8Sourav always maintained a 'No Comments' stance on this personal issue, however in May 2010, Nagma had spoken publicly that there was indeed something on between her and the Prince of Kolkata.
- 7 of 8As the media speculation began to take a toll on Sourav's flourishing career, he decided to end all ties with the Nagma.
- 8 of 8Sourav’s wife maintained her silence throughout the controversy and blamed the media for all speculations about her marriage to Sourav.