EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Ranchi goes gaga over MS Dhoni & Co.
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 11Special food for players:The hotel staff had arrabged a special buffet wherein four-types of non-veg items and six different vegetarian food items were served. The players were also served seven-to-eight types of chapattis alongside two Chinese food items and different varieties of soups.
- 3 of 11Room number of players at Hotel Radisson Blue:The Indian skipper has been allotted room number 317 at the Hotel Radisson Blue. The England captain Alastair Cook is staying in room number 417. Yuvraj Singh is in 308, Bhuvneshwar Kumar in 316, Kevin Pietersen is in 402 and Eoin Morgan is staying in room number 404.
- 4 of 11England players capture stunning welcome on tape:After a mammoth crowd of cricket fanatics turned up to welcome the two teams in the city, the English players were astonished and surprised to see such a large crowd. Kevin Pietersen, Alastair Cook and Graham Gooch used their cameras to capture the stunning spectacle. The stars waved at the anxious crowd while arriving at Hotel Radisson Blue.
- 5 of 11Pitch report of Ranchi stadium:The former chief curator of BCCI, Daljeet Singh, revealed that the JSCA stadium’s pitch is ideal for a one-day encounter. He inspected the pitch on Wednesday and said that he was satisfied with it. The outfield of the stadium is fairly quick which will ensure enough runs during the clash. While refusing to reveal true nature of the pitch, he said that the supporters in the stadium are in for a treat as far as scoring runs are concerned.
- 6 of 11Over 50 cameras to be used for match broadcast:In a bid to ensure an uninterrupted broadcast of the third ODI, over 50 cameras are being emplaced at the JSCA cricket stadium. A total of 30 cameras have been set up at the corners of the ground, which will be used to cover the south pavilion. These cameras will be controlled in accordance to the position of the batsmen on the pitch. Five cameras are emplaced on the north pavilion while another five are set up at top-floor of the south pavilion.
- 7 of 11We wish to visit prominent places in Ranchi: England playersThe England speedsters James Tredwell and Steven Finn expressed their desire to visit the prominent places in Ranchi. The duo revealed that they would like to visit forest area, water-falls, temples and other prominent places in Ranchi.
- 8 of 11Get ready for air show after toss:As the capital of Jharkhand gets ready to host its first one-day international match, the aviation experts from the state will be been performing air stunts and showering flowers on the ground. The air stunts will go live right after the toss of the third ODI at Ranchi stadium. Another session of air stunts will go on during the change of innings.
- 9 of 11Romanian acrobatic aircraft to be used for air stunts:The state government will make use of the Romanian aircraft IS-28M2 to shower flowers on the ground and perform air stunts during the third ODI at Ranchi stadium. The aircraft specializes in aerial stunts and has been used by other countries earlier. The director of Flying Operation, Capt SP Sinha, will fly the aircraft while indulging in air stunts. The aircraft was also used by JSCA authorities on Tuesday to take aerial photographs of the ground.
- 10 of 11Ranchi turns into a fortress:In the wake of the third ODI clash between India and England, the state government has emplaced a tight security to ensure safety of the cricket stars and general public. The security agencies, on Wednesday, conducted a safety drill to check on their measures ahead of the ODI. The officials will also make use of the CCTV cameras to monitor the situation. Over 15,000 security personnel will be available inside the stadium during the ODI.
- 11 of 11Massive inaugural party at Ranchi stadium:The JSCA international stadium will be inaugurated on January 18. The inauguration party will begin around 3:45 pm, wherein artistes from the state will perform to entertain the people. The main attraction of the event is believed to be Nandlal Nayak and Warrior Drums. The artistes will perform group dance to welcome the two teams on the ground. A short film on Jharkhand State Cricket Association will also be telecasted during the inaugural ceremony. Also, popular singers Harshdeep and Shadab will sing popular Bollywood numbers to entertain the crowd.
Stories You May Be Interested In