Ind vs Eng: What to expect from Ranchi ODI
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 9Winning the toss will be crucial:Since, the Ranchi wicket has been boasted to be flat and batting-friendly, it will be important for the Indian skipper MS Dhoni to win the toss during the third ODI. The local curator had earlier revealed that the team batting first is expected to score over 350 runs.Team India, with the composition of adequate batting maestros, should bat first to post a mammoth total for the English visitors. This will give India a psychological advantage as England, while chasing over 6-7 runs per over, will be under pressure.Posting a mammoth total after winning the toss will also give confidence to the Indian bowlers against the explosive English batsmen.
- 3 of 9All eyes on hometown hero MS Dhoni:The popularity of Indian skipper in his hometown is no surprise after thousands of cricket fans thronged at the Ranchi stadium to catch a glimpse of him. Dhoni has been sensational for India in this series and will play a crucial role if India can produce an upset at Ranchi.The local boy, during Kochi ODI, was the sole leader who – alongside Ravindra Jadeja - guided Team India to a score of 285 runs. The duo smashed English bowlers to all parts of the ground as India snatched 108 runs from the last 10 overs and 68 runs from the last five.Dhoni has been turning out to be a specialist at not just death overs but also during a batting collapse. Known for his cool head, Dhoni should not be under pressure but his hometown will surely be expecting him to come good at Ranchi.
- 4 of 9Assistance for batting at Ranchi pitch:As the newly-built Jharkhand State Cricket Association stadium in Ranchi gears up to host its first ODI, the authorities have ensured that the match will be full of entertainment. The curator has revealed that it’s a typical batting-friendly wicket and the ODI could witness over 600 runs.It’s a flat wicket supported with a quick outfield on a relatively smaller ground. A typical Rajkot-like condition appears at Ranchi that saw in excess of 600 runs being scored in the first ODI.The ground last hosted Jharkhand's home match against Himachal Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy from November 24-27, 2012. The match saw four centuries from both the teams as the pitch eased up with Himachal Pradesh taking a first innings lead.
- 5 of 9Get ready for air show after toss:As the capital of Jharkhand gets ready to host its first one-day international match, the aviation experts from the state will be been performing air stunts and showering flowers on the ground. The air stunts will go live right after the toss of the third ODI at Ranchi stadium. Another session of air stunts will go on during the change of innings.
- 6 of 9Romanian acrobatic aircraft to be used for air stunts:The state government will make use of the Romanian aircraft IS-28M2 to shower flowers on the ground and perform air stunts during the third ODI at Ranchi stadium. The aircraft specializes in aerial stunts and has been used by other countries earlier. The director of Flying Operation, Capt SP Sinha, will fly the aircraft while indulging in air stunts. The aircraft was also used by JSCA authorities on Tuesday to take aerial photographs of the ground.
- 7 of 9Over 15,000 policemen inside Ranchi stadium:In the wake of the third ODI clash between India and England, the state government has emplaced a tight security to ensure safety of the cricket stars and general public. The security agencies, on Wednesday, conducted a safety drill to check on their measures ahead of the ODI. The officials will also make use of the CCTV cameras to monitor the situation. Over 15,000 security personnel will be available inside the stadium during the ODI.
- 8 of 9Massive inaugural party at Ranchi stadium:The JSCA international stadium will be inaugurated on January 18. The inauguration party will begin around 3:45 pm, wherein artistes from the state will perform to entertain the people. The main attraction of the event is believed to be Nandlal Nayak and Warrior Drums. The artistes will perform group dance to welcome the two teams on the ground. A short film on Jharkhand State Cricket Association will also be telecasted during the inaugural ceremony. Also, popular singers Harshdeep and Shadab will sing popular Bollywood numbers to entertain the crowd.
- 9 of 9Over 50 cameras to be used for match broadcast:In a bid to ensure an uninterrupted broadcast of the third ODI, over 50 cameras are being emplaced at the JSCA cricket stadium. A total of 30 cameras have been set up at the corners of the ground, which will be used to cover the south pavilion. These cameras will be controlled in accordance to the position of the batsmen on the pitch. Five cameras are emplaced on the north pavilion while another five are set up at top-floor of the south pavilion.
Stories You May Be Interested In