IPL 6: Forget ‘Gangnam style’ it’s time for Gayle style
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 7
- 3 of 7Fastest centuryChris Gayle broke the nine year old record of Andrew Symonds. Symonds had hit a 100 in just 34 balls, Gayle went ahead of it and completed his century in just 30 balls.
- 4 of 7Highest score in IPLChris Gayle also made the highest score in IPL history. The record was previously held by Brendon Mccullum who made 158 in the inaugural match of IPL in 2008. The record took 6 years to be broken but it couldn’t have been done in a better way.
- 5 of 7Maximum SixesGayle hit 17 huge sixes in his innings. This is the maximum number of sixes hit by any batsmen in one innings. The record was previously held by Graham Napier. Napier scored 152 not out in a Twenty20 cup match against Sussex on 24 June 2008 and hit 16 sixes.
- 6 of 7Maximum runs scored in boundariesGayle hit 13 fours and 17 sixes, in his unbeaten 175 knock. This amounts to 154 runs scored just in boundaries.Prior to this Graham Napier scored 136 runs in boundaries (10 fours and 16 sixes) in his innings of 152.
- 7 of 7Highest T20 scoreGayle's ballistic century took RCB to the highest total in T20s - 263 for 5, beating Sri Lanka's 260 for 6 against Kenya in the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
Stories You May Be Interested In