Mahendra Singh Dhoni: The story of India's most successful captain
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 10Place- South AfricaYear- 2007The world takes notice of young Indian skipper with No. 7 jersey as he leads a side without Sachin Tendulkar to an unexpected title win.
- 3 of 10Place- AustraliaYear- 2008For the first time in many years, a Indian team wins a tri-series Down Under. The find of the tournament was clearly lanky pacer Ishant Sharma, and Dhoni hasn’t let him go since.Another quality of India’s most successful captain.
- 4 of 10Year - 2008Place- Mohali, IndiaThe Indian team under Dhoni has been the prime reason for downfall of Aussies fom their pedestal. Dealing another blow after the tri-series win, India defeats Australia by record 320 runs to wrest back the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
- 5 of 10Year- 2009Thanks to his leadership, India becomes the No.1 test side in the world, a distinction that eluded the cricket-crazy nation for over a decade.
- 6 of 10Place- Sri LankaYear- 2010India wins the Asia Cup title.
- 7 of 10Place- Mumbai, IndiaYear- 2011History was made this year as World Cup came back to the cricketing powerhouse after a gap of 27 years. Dhoni was widely prasied for his math-saving knock in the final against Sri Lanka. India also became the first side to host and win the title.
- 8 of 10Year- 2012Owing to its previous year’s world cup triumph and some impressive shows in ODI tournaments, India under Dhoni attained the No. 1 ranking in one-day cricket.
- 9 of 10Place- IndiaYear- 2013The present side under the leadership of MS Dhoni created another record by becoming the first Indian side to defeat Australia by 4-0 in test series.
- 10 of 10Place- EnglandYear- 2013England defeated in their own backyard as India becomes the first side in recent past to be the defending champions of both major ODI titles.
Stories You May Be Interested In