Ravindra Jadeja: Team India’s newly found all-rounder!
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 7Shining star in First-class cricket:The 24-year-old left-hander has scored 3,178 runs in 44 first-class matches for Saurashtra. His run tally includes 12 fifties and 7 centuries with 352 fours and 47 sixes. He has also slammed a triple century in his first-class career with a highest score of 331 runs.The Saurashtra star has also been majestic in the bowling department. He has taken 147 wickets at an average of 27.08 in 44 first-class matches. His best bowling spell in an innings is 7/31 while best bowling spell in a match is 10/65. He has 10 five-wicket haul and 2 ten-wicket tally to his name.
- 3 of 7Glimpse of an all-rounder in ODIs:Ravindra Jadeja has played 64 one-day internationals and has scored 989 runs at a strike rate of over 80. His highest score in ODIs is 78 including 74 boundaries and 13 sixes. He has also taken 23 catches for India.In the bowling department, Jadeja has sclaped 69 wickets in 64 one-day internationals. With a best bowling spell of 4/32 at an average of 34.28, he was taken four wickets in a match on two occasions.
- 4 of 7Test career:Ravindra Jadeja has only played one Test match – against England at Nagpur in December, 12 - in his career as of now. He scored 12 runs including two boundaries before getting LBW by James Anderson in the first innings. The match was later drawn and India never got the opportunity to bat.In the bowling department, Jadeja took two wickets(Trott & Pietersen) in his spell of 37 overs with an economy rate of 1.56 in the first innings. In the second innings, Jadeja dismissed dangerous Kevin Pietersen yet again as he ended his spell of 33 overs with 1/59.
- 5 of 7Performances in 2013 ODI series against England:The left-hander, in his four matches against England, has played a crucial role in Team India’s win in the series. Ravindra Jadeja has taken 8 wickets and scored 116 runs for his team. His knock of 61 runs and bowling spell of 2/12 had guided Team India to an emphatic win against England at Kochi. The performance also earned him the Man of the Match award at Kochi.
- 6 of 7Plaudits rain down on the new all-rounder:The Indian skipper MS Dhoni has revealed that the team has finally found a “perfect” bowling all-rounder in Ravindra Jadeja. He said India was struggling for a bowling all-rounder with the only option being Irfan Pathan, but in Jadeja the team had found a suitable answer."He can bat a bit, but at the same time, we don`t want to expose him too much right now. The top-order needs to perform and he bats at No 7 for us. We have seen glimpses of him who can really take on the bowlers. It does not matter if you`re quickie or a spinner," he said.Dhoni further said the team`s support staff was working on Jadeja`s batting.Terming him as a good prospect, Dhoni said: "We just need to keep faith in him and hope he will get better and better. Bowling wise he`s quite settled, it`s the batting department that we need to work on. He is also an excellent fielder.
- 7 of 7Alastair Cook praises Ravindra Jadeja:England skipper Alastair Cook too seemed impressed by the all-rounder's efforts. "He is a quality player, that's why he has scored those triple tons in domestic cricket. His partnership with Dhoni in the end overs took the game away from us," said Cook.
Stories You May Be Interested In