Virat Kohli: The bad boy of Indian Cricket
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 7This picture was recently posted on Facebook. Virat is seen here wearing a T-shirt with a very obscene image.
- 3 of 7Virat- Gambhir spatThere was no love lost between the rival captains as Kolkata Knight Riders' Gautam Gambhir and Royal Challengers Bangalore's Virat Kohli were involved in an ugly on-field spat after the latter was dismissed in the 10th over of the innings.It was an incident that took everyone by surprise as Gambhir and Kohli have been not only played together for the country but also for their state side Delhi, North Zone and same office side ONGC.As Gambhir and other players walked towards cover region to celebrate the dismissal, Kohli instead of trudging back to the pavilion walked towards short extra cover and apparently made a remark.
- 4 of 7The incident happened off the first delivery of the 10th over bowled by Lakshmipathy Balaji. Kohli, who had hit Pradeep Sangwan for two sixes, went for a wild slash but was caught in the sweeper cover region.Suddenly, Gambhir was seen walking angrily towards his junior India teammate. However it was another Delhi lad Rajat Bhatia, who got in between them and tried to calm Gambhir down.
- 5 of 7Showing Middle finger Down UnderAfter a frustrating day at the field having conceded 366 runs for one wicket, Virat Kohli could not retaliate as the crowd abused him while he was fielding as the audience started abusing his family members which made him show his middle finger to the crowd.
- 6 of 7A day after the incident, Kohli tweeted on his twitter page, saying that "I agree cricketers don’t have to retaliate, what when the crowd says the worst things about your mother and sister? The worst I have ever heard!
- 7 of 7I do not abuse players, I talk to myself, I abuse myself. It's my way of letting off steam. I do it after every century; I do not do it always. I keep telling myself: Improve, improve from the previous match, the previous shot. You can do it., says Virat on his abusing.
Stories You May Be Interested In