PHOTOS: 5 most incredible rooftop restaurants in the world
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 6RESTURANT LES OMBRES, PARIS-‘Les Ombres’, in French means ‘The shadows’. The restaurant got its name from the fact that the magnificent Eiffel Tower, casts its shadow on it. It was designed by architect Jean Nouvel. You get a clear view of the city and River Seine while dining here.The menu is filled with delicacies like sweetbreads alongside truffle croquette and duck with creamy polenta and roasted hazelnuts. French wines here are worth paying Paris a special visit.
- 3 of 6LUNA ROOFTOP TAPAS BAR, MEXICO-Look down at the Spanish-colonial historic center most famous for its gothic-style church Parroquia de San Miguel from this amazing restaurant. Adored with mosaics, it makes the place look elegant and regal. You can order specialties like baby squid in garlic mojo sauce and suckling pig tacos with salsa verde or famed flank steak “taquitos” au gratin that can be gulped down with brewed San Miguel cerveza.
- 4 of 6SIROCCO, BANGKOK-Sirocco is the highest and largest in the rooftop restaurant in the world. Looking down at the city and the Chao Phraya River, it sits atop a packed skyscraper.Go for Alaskan king crab with osetra caviar, citronelle emulsion, yuzu, and Dover sole “a la plancha” accompanied by Soulard foie gras and piquillo pepper farce next time you decide to pay this restaurant a visit
- 5 of 6ROOF ON THE WIT, CHICAGO-Overlooking the landmarks like Lake Michigan and Millennium Park and standing tall amidst the bejeweled skyscrapers, this restaurant deserves to be called just one word. Sexy! Two landmarks of the place are The Patio, a large lounge with counter-height tables beside fire pits, a bar, and a video wall; and The Hangover, popular for its glass-enclosed private table for eight.Delicacies like platter of oysters, togarashi tuna, and charmoula shrimp with roasted tomato sangria adore the menu.
- 6 of 6GEORGE’S OCEAN TERRACE, SAN DIEGO-Hues of blue and pink and the horizon stretched beyond, greet the diners at this restaurant. Scripps Park and the northern San Diego coastline amalgamate with the Pacific here. La Jolla Beach Cove right under the restaurant is filled with swimmers all time of the year.Ancho chile shrimp tacos with mango salsa and jalapeño-lime crème fraîche are the most frequently ordered dishes.
Stories You May Be Interested In