In pics: 5 unknown facts about Nita Ambani
Find out more by clicking on the following slides
- 2 of 6
1. Nita lived in a Gujarati joint family in one of Mumbai’s suburbs. So, there were two sisters and ten other cousins all living in one home.
- 3 of 6
2. Late Dhirubhai Ambani spotted Nita during a cultural performance at Birla Matoshree and he called her the next day, but what followed was rather embarrassing for Nita. "The caller said, “I'm Dhirubhai Ambani.” I said, “Wrong number!” and put down the phone! But the phone rang again and the voice said, “I'm Dhirubhai Ambani, may I talk to Nita?” So I said, “If you are Dhirubhai Ambani, I'm Elizabeth Taylor!and put down the phone,” said Nita in an interview given to designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
"My father was at home that day and sensed there was something happening. So when the phone rang again, he answered. He went a little pale and I recall him saying, “Nita pick up the phone and talk and talk nicely and politely because it is Dhirubhai Ambani!! So I picked up the phone and said, “Jai Shree Krishna!” as that's how we Gujaratis greet each other. And he said, “I'm inviting you to my office.” I was completely stunned!," added Nita.
- 4 of 6
3. This might surprise you, but Nita weighed 90 kgs at one point of time and presently she's 56 kgs. Apparently, the transformation happened when her son Anant was found to be
suffering from obesity. Nita took him to one of Los Angeles' children's obesity hospital and went ona diet along with him.
- 5 of 6
4. Nita is a qualified teacher and an interior designer.
- 6 of 6
5. As per Nita, when Mukesh was courting her, he would pick her up in his Merc and them, one day, Nita asked him to see her mode of travel. The couple tool a BEST bus that day.