Daawat-e-Ishq in first look appeared to be just another delicacy from YRF’s kitchen. As the ingredients and serving pattern of this Daawat was almost similar to their earlier treats including Shuddh Desi Romance and Ishaqzaade. The main ingredient (Parineeti Chopra) and look & feel (sets, cloths, locations) appear to be similar (We guess YRF saved some money by reusing cloths for Parineeti in all three films).
But the Daawat, we realized was completely different, when we actually attended it today. Everything on the menu was splendid and will surely call for a double ordering.
So what was chef YRF’s strategy this time?
Parineeti Chopra, Aditya Roy Kapur, dowry problem, Social Message for garnishing, Love, Anupam Kher, Good Music.
1) Pick witty Parineeti Chopra aka Gulrez "Gullu" Qadir, and place her opposite Aashiqui fame Aditya Roy Kapur aka Tariq "Taru" Haidar.
2) Let Parineeti suffer for half an hour with dowry problem.
3) Mix her problems with dad Anupan Kher’s low income. Let her thrash men for their chauvinist attitude.
4) Add good music for colour.
5) Take care not to overcook the drama.
6) When drama is established, introduce funny Aditya Roy Kapur and add some innocence to his character to make him look like ‘bechara’ in front of clever Parineeti.
7) Stir love, problem, social cause, and theft.
8) Cook for 3-4 minutes.
9) Mix ‘masala’ and ‘comedy’ to taste.
Invite audience for Daawat-e-Ishq.
How are Parineeti Chopra and Aditya Roy Kapur in the film?
The cheerful lively cook Aditya Roy Kapur creates special bond with the audience. The star of this Dawaat too is Parineeti. The chef's version of Parineeti is so far the best.
What is the social cause?
The film is about section 498 A, and its misuse. This ingredient on the menu may read complicated, but it has been mixed with entertainment and story in an interesting way.
Big Question-Should I watch Daawat-e-Ishq?
Daawat-e-Ishq has an interesting story, backed by good acting performances. ½ star extra to director Habib Faisal for treating the controversial issue so interstingly.
Daawat-e-Ishq in first look appeared to be just another delicacy from YRF’s kitchen. As the ingredients and serving pattern of this Daawat was almost similar to their earlier treats.