Movie Review Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai: Good theme defeated by bad plot and terrible performances
1. Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai is a road movie with an extremely weak plot and even weaker performances.
2. The last road movie we saw and very much liked was NH10. Not only did it have a strong star cast, it also displayed a crackling example of what women in Haryana go through. But why are we talking about NH10 when this review is about Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai? Well, because there is nothing much to talk about this one, quite honestly.
3. Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai is a multi-lingual off-beat film trying to bring forth the cast and societal disparity, which could have been an interesting watch if the directors had better plot to play with, actors had better dialogues to say, the camera work was better and editing was crisp.
4. The film stars a string of new actors who try their best to push the film ahead at places, alas, to no avail.
5. The directors of the film- Cyrus Khambhatta and Tina A Bose could do better things with their talent and their time, given the right opportunity. Marking directorial debut with this one was a big mistake.
6. Probably the makers of the film had lost faith in the project even before its release and that’s why they opted for zero publicity for Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai.
7. Watching the film (if you must), one feels lost and betrayed because wherever the characters try to amp up their performance, bad dialogues defy the purpose.
8. There are plenty of moments in the film where one finds oneself in dilemma of whether to laugh or cry, but we promise you will do neither.
9. The film is off-beat in every sense of the word. Meaning: it is essentially a film without any rhyme or rhythm. And trust us we are just talking plot here and not the music.
10. All in all, you can quite easily give this one a miss this weekend and watch classic Bollywood hit Mother India to know about rural class and caste disparity.
Movie Review Yahaan Sabki Lagi Hai: Could give this one a miss this weekend