Saffron terror remark: Court reserves order against Shinde again
New Delhi: A Delhi court has deferred the pronouncement of its order on a plea seeking registration of an FIR against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in connection with his “Hindu terror” remark.
Metropolitan Magistrate Viplav Dabas deferred his order till March 5. The court had earlier fixed its order on the complaint made by RTI activist Vivek Garg for February 28 but had deferred it for the next day.
The complainant had sought registration of FIR against Shinde for “making imputations prejudicial to national integration, uttering words with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings of Hindus, defaming them, and insulting their religion and beliefs”.
Replying to the complaint, Delhi Police told the court that Shinde did not make the “Hindu terror” remark with any malicious intention and has already expressed regret for it.
Delhi Police told the court that Shinde did not make the "Hindu terror" remark with a malicious intention.